You may have heard that award winning Ghanaian product designer Jeremiah Obuobi is suing rapper Sarkodie over the Sark Collection’s logo, which he created for him. Apparently, Sarkodie didn’t let him know that he was going to use it officially, which has led to a big issue.
Anyway, FlexGhana made a list of things that you may not know of Jeremiah Obuobi. This is what the media house reported:
Jeremiah Obuobi, the head at OBJClothing has a lot of accolades but has been silent about them. The calm personality chap from Tema has been pushing Ghana’s banner higher but has been silent about his own achievements. These are facts gathered from close friends of Ghana’s Best Shoe Designer:
1. The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) awarded Jeremiah Obuobi the contract to design and manufacture the first ever BBC Africa Radio Awards trophies. Jeremiah produced all 20 trophies for the show in 22 Karat Gold plating of a brass metal, mounted on a matt finished wooden based. The show was held in Kenya and Jeremiah amongst other important personalities across Africa and Europe were present (2007).
2. Jeremiah met the likes of Jan Malan, Komla Dumor and Vera Kwakofi of BBC, Benard Avle of City Fm, Kwadwo Oppong Nkrumah and Kwesi Asare of Joy Fm and Africa’s celebrated Nigerian artiste 2face Idibia amongst others at BBC Africa Radio Awards Show in Kenya (2007).
3. The British Council’s of Ghana nominated him as the first Runner-up of the Ghanaian Fashion Entrepreneur Of The Year Competition (2008).
4. Jeremiah produced the trophy for the BBC African Footballer of The Year 2007, competition in 2008. The trophy was won by Emmanuel Adebayor then with Arsenal Fc.
5. Jeremiah is nominated by Design Mate Online magazine in South Africa as Promising Young Designer from West Africa (2009).
6. He was interviewed with his former class mates in secondary school R2bees during the MTV base road to MAMAS in 2009.
7. Jeremiah Obuobi’s childhood mentor was Ghanaian, UK based soul music artiste Cidic Sol.
8. Jeremiah was class mates with Abdul Rasheed Muggis (Mugeez) and a school mate of Paedae all of R2Bees (1997-2000).
9. Jeremiah Obuobi is said to be a rap artiste in secondary school and was initially part of the group called Camp Yard now called R2Bees but parted after Camp Yard’s early formation and formed his own music group called Broken Silence with a fellow school mate (1997-2000).
10. Issah Ibrahim of blessed memory, the original founding father of Camp Yard now R2Bees also a class mate of Jeremiah Obuobi, last visited Jeremiah, whiles he was sick, he had come to an extra class in Temasco: Issah is said to have asked Jeremiah to take him home in Madina, which he did. But unfortunately after a week the extremely talented artiste was pronounced dead from sickle cell (1998).
11. Jeremiah finished his university education in Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) with a First Class Honours (2006).
12. Whiles in KNUST he was school mates with Jay Foley of YFM. Jay Foley was a sound engineer in the university back then, so Jeremiah recorded some few songs with him.
13. Jeremiah met his cousin Chris Attor in KNUST. Christ Attor was a painting student and Jeremiah was an Industrial Art Students.
14. He is the brands manager for the REKX BOIZ music group in Tema.
15. In mid 2013 R2Bees asked Jeremiah to the redesigned the R2bees logo.
16. He used to make branded gears for R2bees, Chemphe, Duncwills Ent, etc.
17. He is a Creative Art teacher at Queensland International School in Nungua.
18. He was recently featured one of the Americas most respected design website yanko.com for his Lamborghini Automobile concept shoe designs he made.